Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Messier list

Don't know why I didn't think of this before- Wiki has a great Messier catelogue with Astro Photos of each Messier object so you know what your looking for (although in black and white and barely visible to the naked eye terms)

List of Messier objects - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Together with the star maps from here

MSAS: Messier Finder Charts

In conjunction I think this might be great resource for any Newb like myself getting started.

Thanks for that, very useful. I do have the publication, Atlas Of The Messier Objects by R. Stoyan. It is a very large book, full of Historical information and some of the best photos I have ever seen, if ever you come across one s/h at a good price, its well worth the outlay, as they are rather on the expensive side new :)

That Messier list is great. I only discovered it a couple of weeks ago but instantly printed it off and put the pages in plastic sleeves for this year's SGL star party. I'll see if I use it!

The star maps are excellent for those without go-to and I wish I'd had them when I started.

Alexxx

Archived