NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A Collection of February Mars'

hayju01

quite pleased but stuck on how to improve them.

Feb 19th - First attempt with x2 Barlow

mars0012_Y8castr.tif

mars0011_Y8castr.tif

Feb 25th - added IR Filter (but tracking was down to 1 min)

Mar0011 (4).tif

Mar0011 (3).tif

Main reason so adding IR Filter was to see if it corrected this affect that I had seen on many images of the 19th.

mars0008_Y8castr_hashes.tif

Comments and advice most welcome and needed.

thanks for looking

First tip. Post as JPG or PNG so that everyone can see your images ;)

Q. Why are you adding an IR filter? (assuming you used the DFK)

Try to get more scale if possible, it will help with focus and capturing detail when conditions allow.

Otherwise a mighty fine job Justin ;)

Apologies here are the JPGs

19th Feb

post-24560-133877740299_thumb.jpg

post-24560-133877740303_thumb.jpg

25th Feb

post-24560-133877740312_thumb.jpg

post-24560-133877740313_thumb.jpg

From 19th and why i used and IR Filter

post-24560-133877740309_thumb.jpg

I know the DFK has a built in IR but I couldn't think of anything else to try :-)

not sure what you mean by more scale? I was using my x2.5 Barlow and only had mars in view for 1 minute. I tried stacking a 2 and 2.5 barlow but the clarity went and tracking wasnt could enough to get a decent number of frames.

Thanks for you kind words Clayton

Justin that weird pattern is caused by the de-bayering you wont get that when using other codecs i.e other than y800. I sometimes get the pattern if only a small amount of frames are stacked or I use too much sharpening. If you increase the de-noise value on Registax 6 wavelets that should do the trick on this particular image.

I figured it was but that it was something I was doing as surely a camera that costs as much as this would be able to handle it.

here's another one from the 19th Feb

post-24560-133877740395_thumb.jpg

any suggestions on the mistiness?

Hi Justin,

Sorry I didn't realize you had tracking problems (I perhaps wrongly assumed you were using the EQ6? ). You could settle for an extension tube between the barlow and the camera for a compromise, but you really should try to improve your trackig capability.

Hi Rob,

I am using the EQ6 but it has a mind of is own, sometimes @f25 I can track for 3 minutes others only 1. I'm sure there is something wrong with the mount as its very noisy too but also my PA. until I can prove its the mount I can't return it and it's getting close to a year old so I'm running out of time on that to but without consistent clear skies I am struggling to check and double check things.

I'm reluctant to strip the mount down but that could be my only option.....make or break.

Archived