Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader Hyperion 68 deg 8mm??????

M4lcs67

I have the 24mm version of the above and since I got it I have been very impressed with it's performance over the stock 25mm that came with my telescope.

That is why I am now contemplating changing the 9mm stock for an 8mm Hyperion. If there is such a marked difference between the low powered ep's then if there will be the same kind of difference between the 9/8mm eyepieces then it will be a no brainer. Just need to stump up the monies.

Would be good if anyone has any comments one way or the other.

As I say I am very happy with the performance of the Hyperion 24mm and love it's wide fov.

Perhaps the 8mm (I guess 1500/8=187x) will be close to the limit of seeing for a MAK127? I feel always that the Hyperions work best at mid-range magnifications with any scope. A small object pupil with a large eye-lens is never easy viewing? To stretch a MAK might better merit a true "planetary eyepiece". The Hyperions now include a 10mm eyepiece... Or you might even get the 13mm and experiment with the extension tubes. ;)

Good comments from Damo636 and Macavity.

I have been very pleased with the performance of my shorter FL Hyperions. Usually the Sky has limited magnification, rather the scope theoretical limt.

You can of course pop in a 2" filter, rather than tuning rings, to modify the FL.

For me the wide FOV and long eye relief are great. But not everyone places the same importance on these.

The only adverse comment is is a hint of internal reflections on bright (planetary) viewing.

The Hyperions are always first out of the box. Exceptions are if I need a really long FL, or need a lower weight.

I was lent a set of the Hyperions a while back. I found them pretty consistent in quality so if you like one the chances are you will like the others. The only one I did not try was the 21mm.

Archived