Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The opticrons are here!!

garethmob

Well my opticrons 8x40 with 8.2 fields came (ordered with FLO on sat sent mon delivered today:) so thumbs up to flo!!!!!)

I might have this moved to members review as its a unboxing tests and review :p

Soooo unboxing pics. It came litterly as I needed to go to work :) so only a quick look.

And to say it came packed is a understatement

Loads of them polystyrene things both sides of the box then the bins box had 2 layers of bubble wrap then their box then bag then plastic bag. All good so far

Inside there was warrente (5 years) lens cloth protective case, cord round neck. Better than the 15x70 celestrons.

ATM really good quailty rubber feel with good rubber grips

Focusing is really really smooth and it has a tripod adapter too

Diopter focusing is stiff but good not to come undone. Twist up eyecups nice but undecided yet.

2 bad points though

Lens and eye caps. Not connected so can and most likely get lost:(

Tripod adapter cap is made of cheap plastic a major contrast to the rest of the bin

I gave them a quick before I went work test on a pidgen about 40 yards away and it was really good :)

Any questions or suggestions fire away

Next post will be the tests.

Gaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-21834-133877738919_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877738925_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877738936_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877738945_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877738952_thumb.jpg

post-21834-13387773896_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877738966_thumb.jpg

Hi

Congratulation on your new binoculars they look great let us know how you get on with them, I think I know what you will say, Opticron make really great bins

made in Japan fab optics

clear skies

Doug

PS I'm mad on bins

Thanks guys

Just gave a quick go as dusk falls

I was on back steps looking up(metal steps suspended a story above ground)

Opticrons. Light. Didn't hurt neck much spent15 mins out looked at moon. (nice crisp see whole disk (+crators were really nice) Venus orange disk small. Jupiter. Not as small but could see small colour bands could see about2 moons just about. I must have bad nerves couldn't hold them straight for more than 5 second ;)

I could see more in the sky masters but couldn't hold for long. Harder to find things n bad neck

Score 1 for opticrons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi gaz

hope you get a better night to have a look , when I started looking through Bins I got a stiff neck but if you do it long enough ( two or three times aweek ,if your lucky) you will get used to it

clear skies

Cool. Very pleased with my pair and can usually see most of Jupiter's moons - though definitely no banding or colours. I think my best achievement was splitting the double star Alberio some time last autumn. This required me to clamp the bins firmly to a small tree (with my hands) to keep them steady enough.

Also have some Opticron 20x80s but problems with focusing (for a second time) so they will have to go back again for repairs.

Archived