NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Scope Phenomena

sytra

Why is it as soon as i pick up my new scope the clouds roll in, seems to be a pretty common problem, yet no one has found a cure for it yet. :p

Guess the next few days are going to be spent reading up on potential targets... Think i might start with the moon ( even i can't miss that)

Why is it as soon as i pick up my new scope the clouds roll in, seems to be a pretty common problem, yet no one has found a cure for it yet. :p

I thought I had a cure. When I bought my 'scope I also purchased an umbrella and raincoat. The thinking was that nature couldn't scupper both new acquisitions.

How wrong I was, clear skies during the day, when I was out, wearing my coat and carrying the brolly and cloudy at night when I wanted to use the telescope :)

It's a myth - be realistic - what interest did a clear night have BEFORE your new scope arrived - none and you probably didn't even look up :)

It's a myth - be realistic - what interest did a clear night have BEFORE your new scope arrived - none and you probably didn't even look up :p

A clear night had plenty of interest to me, always had, shame the wife doesn't think it so interesting.

Was outside nearly everynight last week looking around, waiting for my new scope, pick it up on sunday, now cant see anything through the milkshake above my house, technically thats not true, i can see a VERY hazy moon, the odd glimpse of Venus and Jupiter but thats about it

Archived