Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

350D Camera Driver installation on Windows 7

gfletcher

Hi Guys

Would anyone know why i do not seem to be able to find a site from which i can download the Canon 350D camera driver onto my laptop running Windows 7 ??

The Canon site does not seem to support Windows 7 for this particular driver :p

thanks

Graham

I have APT but without the camera driver i cannot use it

Thanks Peter! I was digging to find this link again :p

In fact any version of EOS Utility should install the needed driver, but there is a catch! 350D can be used only on 32bits Win7. Last week I made tests again with my 350D and APT under 32bits Win7 - works perfectly.

If you have 64bits the things goes harder. The only solution that I know that works is to install a 32bits virtual machine. In this machine you have to install EOS utility or application that uses the Canon communication library. This trick allows to use Digic 2 cameras under 64bits... The only problem is that virtual machines are not supported in Win7 Starter and Home editions. You will need at least (I think) Professional or more...

• 7 months later...

Hi all. I got my Window 7 pc yesterday and had the same problem but have found whichworks http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-7-driver-for-canon-eos-300d/d8917040-dd26-45f8-80f5-51cb4b94d597 it will let you tranfer images etc. EOS Utilites won't work on 7 from what I can tell but am working on that to allow remote imaging.

Pete

I tried an Xp VM for 350d support, but that didn't work well . I ended up setting up a dual boot system W7 64 bit and windows cp. it works well . I use BY EOS, it's very good.

Archived