centreing a polar scope to the eq

hi all i have been trying to center my polar scope to my mount ,and not have in much luck at all

i turn the ra to the right center the object

then move to the left ra

move the two grub screws you repeat this a few times and away you go sounds easy right

wrong you move it a bit at a time i just can not seem to get this right at all i no that i should not worry as the nex remote as a poalr align feature on the remote hand set ,but still this polar scope centering should be easy any help or advice i have seen astronomy sheds video and still can not do it any help or tips cheers

if you move the ra to the left and your polar scope is out which it obviously is dont ctr it you only correct half the amout then rotate mount to the right see were it is then use the azumith screws to correct the other half of correction then try again. does that make sence

1. Find a suitable target in your polarscope. Center it on the cross hairs.

2. Unlock the RA axis and rotate the mount 180 degrees. Remove half of the error using the adjustment screws on the polarscope.

3. Rotate the mount back 180 degrees and adjust again, repeat 2 and 3 untill there is no error.

Peter

Archived