Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Heritage 130p - it's taking over!

So I've had my much loved CPC8 for 4 years and use it on good evenings maybe once a month in the back garden (town centre :()

On the odd accession when there is great seeing and no moon, I'll load it into the boot and drive out to my secret dark site near Cambridge.

I bought my Mum a 130p flex tube Dob for Christmas, and pinched it back 3 weeks ago when my parents went on holiday for a month.

Big mistake!! It's so easy to get out and set up and so simple to use and so good!! that my CPC8 hasn't had a look in for weeks, in which time we've had some great nights!!

I can highly recommend one of these to anyone, be it beginner or for the more serious amateur as a second "quick look" scope.

Any other people amongst us tried one??

First Light Optics - Skywatcher Heritage 130p Flextube

(I have no affiliation to FLO or SW - just voicing my love for this great bit of kit.) :D

I find the focuser very good - well at least passable. I have a feeling that they altered its design soon after the 1st ones were sold.

I also covered the thread in a little grease which smooths things out.

For the money - I think its fab.

Ha! I've been driving around the countryside for the last few months with one eye on finding a good scope spot!! I found one the other day but haven't been back at night yet. I had found a good one near the radio telescope array at Fowlemere, but when I went back on a good night a gate had appeared and was locked! :D

I'll load it into the boot and drive out to my secret dark site near Cambridge.

Oh please do tell : (

I've not managed to find anywhere within 15 mins of the city yet that would be a good place to go.

Imaging from my balcony surrounded by no less than 4 street lamps isn't fun.

If you can PM me details, I'll bring the jaffa cakes : )

Archived