Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

centre spot on the primary removed!

up2nogood

Hi,

I errr cleaned my 8" Dob Primary mirror, but before i cleaned it, i noticed the centre sticker looked like it had lifted abit. but i thought maybe it will be ok! but i was wrong! it has now come off :D

Well what do i do now guys lol!!

Any help would be great :(

Cheers!

You'll be wanting to re-spot it then?

To find the centre draw round your mirror, then cut this out. Fold it in half, then in half again. Open it out. You now have folds that converge on the exact centre. You can then pierce here and place the template over the mirror, then mark your mirror with a "sharpie" job done.

Regards Steve

You'll be wanting to re-spot it then?

To find the centre draw round your mirror, then cut this out. Fold it in half, then in half again. Open it out. You now have folds that converge on the exact centre. You can then pierce here and place the template over the mirror, then mark your mirror with a "sharpie" job done.

Regards Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the reply :D

Just few questions, when you say pierce it, how big shall i make the centre hole? and once i have made the centre hole, do i just mark the outline with the Permanent Marker pen, or just make a kind of dot. reason i ask, is when i did the collimation, i had get the black dot in the centre or the circle that was on the primary morror. but if i just make a dot so to speak, will this be harder to line up, if you get me ?

Ps would a white pen be best ?

Cheers :(

The hole only needs to be big enough to get the tip of your "sharpie" through, this will allow you to just dot the primary.

After tihis is done you can place an adhesive ring on the mirror if you wish. One of those ring binder supports will do the job very nicely.

I don't think a white pen would be any more advantageous.

Regards Steve

Archived