Equinox 120ED APO Vs Evostar 120ED DS-PRO APO

Hello, I'm looking at forking out for one of the two scopes above for some visual work but mostly DS photography.

From what I can see the 120ED seems to give me more "Bang for my Buck", as it comes with the 2" Di-Electric Star Diagonal, 2" Eyepiece 28mm LET, and the fact that it's almost £250 cheaper than the Equinox. Apart from the Retractable Dewshield on the Equinox and paint job, does any one know of any difference between these two scopes ?

The Equinox seems not to come with the 2" Di-Electric Star Diagonal or the 2" Eyepiece 28mm LET, Both come with case.

Any help would be great. :D

If you are going to be using them for DSO photography then ignore the "bits and bobs" as you won't be using them. I believe the optics are pretty well identical, the main defference is the DS-PRO has a more expensive focusser. (I stand to be corrected on these facts!)

I have the Evostar 120ED APO and find it an excellent scope for DSO work as well as being very good for Lunar and planetary, with the right additional Barlows/Powermates etc.

I too use a 120ED Pro and think it's a great scope for astrophotography. I have looked through it once with my eye and that looked quite cool too!! Not sure about the better focuser. In my opinion this was by far the weakest link and soon got replaced with a decent focuser that held the camera. Good scope, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Archived