Plz i really need help.

I need to know the actual diameter of the 6" skyliner dob mount. Bcoz the entrance to my terrace is just 56 cms wide so will it get through and in is the real doubt. I dont want to later repent that the scope doesnt go through the door. Tell me the largest diameter of the dob mount/base. Please help me.

Actually the dealer in my country (india) dont have heritage series and thats the problem. And 130P EQ isnt appealing to me as both 130P and 150P skyliner cost the same here. So instead of going for 130P i shall save bucks and then get the dob in a year or so but then I would get an 8" scope as i shift to new home. My only fear is that this scope shouldnt be that worse that it puts me off the hobby.

It will still give good views of the moon and planets.

The only thing it will struggle on are the DSOs. Orion, Andromeda, and all the other favourites will still give pleasing views with ~some~ detail, but most other stuff will just be very faint smudges.

So the 1145p is still a good start if you can't get anything else for a while. :D

Archived