Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Collaboration: IC405

Shibby

Here's another collaborative processing effort thanks to the generous Komet (Mick) for lending me his Ha data for the flaming star. It's an interesting/tricky target for combining ha, because of the colourful nebulosity.

The colour data comes from my DSLR, consisting of 21x120s + 20x240s unguided subs.

The real quality stuff comes from Mick's 37 x 600s of ha.

This is a totally new alley of processing for me, so am interested to hear peoples opinions of the result. There seems to be a fine balance between colour richness across the image, noise and star shapes (the ha having much less noise and tiny stars).

Unfortunately our images just happened to be at an awkward 45degrees to each other, hence the corners!

shibby-albums-deep-sky-picture15833-ic405-collaboration-komet-dslr-rgb-me-ha-komet.jpg

Hi Lewis.

I know how difficult it is to incorporate H-Alpha into an image,however i think youv,e done a lovely job.

The main thing i notice,apart from the lovely nebulae is the way you have maintained star colours,which are so often wiped out.

I,m no expert,but i,d be more than happy with that.

Regards.

Mick.

Fabulous image, I bet there is a lot of fun to be had collabortaing and seeing each others efforts then the magic of the combination.

I have one question about the image, can anyone identify what the red streak is towards the bottom just right of centre? Is it something captured or another artifact?

Thanks :D most of the credit should go to mick for his data though!

Yeah I noticed that streak actually, there are 2 more on the right hand side... my first thought was maybe asteroids but could they also be geostationary satellites?? :-s (The red colouration is due to my processing btw)

Certainly looks 'satellitey', it does not detract from the picture, I might add, was just curious :( had not noticed the other too.

Thanks for the clarification though it was the redness more than anything that confused me (easily doen) but makes total sense now you mention the processing and considering the colourisation of the nebula...lol. :D

Archived