NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M3 single exposure

en51nm

Williams is correct it's 30 seconds. My images could be much better with some farms and stacking subs instead of single exposures, but I don't have a my own DSLR so have to borrow my friends! They don't usually appreciate 2 hours in the cold so I only get time for quick snaps!

a dso can be photographed without the need of tracking it

Not really...

Just to clarify, there is a difference between tracking and guiding - this photo was taking by tracking the sky using the motors on my EQ5 but I don't have a guiding system. This means that the tracking motors rely solely on how good my polar alignment is.

Guiding is where you manually override the tracking (using the hand controller) to adjust the tracking to keep the object still over the course of the exposure, allowing much longer exposures to be taken before errors in your polar alignment or in the motor gears ruin your image. Auto-guiding uses a computer to do this.

Archived