NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with stellarium controlled skywatcher synscan az goto mount???

uhyouknowthatguy

Hey guys,

I didnt exactly know where to post this and if it is in the wrong place i apologise in advance :icon_scratch:

Ever since i heard that stellarium can control the scope ive always wanted to try it. I did a fair ammount of research and read what feels like a ton of advice/help/instructions on the subject. Now i think im around half way through the process but ive hit a dead end and have no clue what to do...

Ive got a skywatcher 130p synscan goto. The handset runs ver. 0.03.08 and stellarium is at ver. 0.11.1. Ive got a definitely functioning usb to serial port adapter which connects from the laptop to the supplied serial port to telescope cable. This goes into the middle socket on the handset. The telescope is already alligned and the handset is set to 'pc direct mode'. the handset is plugged into the telescope just like when normally controlling it. On stellarium the device setting are set to 'COM3' with 'sky-watcher synscan az goto' selected as the device model.

It says connected on the telescopes menu in stellarium but the mount does nothing when any commands sent (CTRL+1 is pressed)...

What am i doing wrong? I can imagine ive been a bit foolish and missed a step somewhere but i cant seem to decipher my way through a lot of troubleshooting posts and beginners guides that seem to be out there for this sort of eventuality.

Any help at all would be very very very much appreciated :)

1. Start Stellarium and press F2 (confiuration)

2. Select plugins and then telescope control (tick the load at startup button)

3. Select Stellarium directly through serial port, select Comm port number and Synscan AZ-goto as your mount.

4. Close Stellarium, connect the handset to the computer and restart Stellarium.

Peter

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

1. Start Stellarium and press F2 (confiuration)

2. Select plugins and then telescope control (tick the load at startup button)

3. Select Stellarium directly through serial port, select Comm port number and Synscan AZ-goto as your mount.

4. Close Stellarium, connect the handset to the computer and restart Stellarium.

Peter

I have done all that, still no go

Archived