Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Sight....

Hawkeye

Well the nice FedEx man knocked on the door today with a big box for me :icon_scratch:

Not very good tonight as there is lots of cloud but I actually managed to see Mars!!! albeit a little out of focus, and shakey....

But never the less I had it there in the scope.....Soooo Happy:headbang:

Congrats on the 'scope and seeing Mars. You're lucky to have had any break in clouds at all the night after you got your 'scope, what with the curse of the clouds and all that. :(

I paid the extra for the 'no cloud' option :)

Well I really must have paid for the Extra deluxe 'No Cloud' option,

3 days now since I got the telescope and every night has been clear (ish)..

Last night I got to see the following.. Mars & Saturn, I thought I also got to see M43, but now I am kind of thinking it was c Ori..

If I was looking at M43, would I see the redish color ??

Still chuffed to bits with Saturn, had to wait until about 12:45 last night to see it though... (Now thinking I need to set to the trees with a chainsaw)..

Cheers and Clear Skies!

The Orion Nebula is M42 - M43 is right next door to it but a lot smaller.

The only colour I've seen in M42 is a pale lime green when using my 10" newtonian. I have seen the occasional reports of a pale pink tint as well but these colours are very subtle at best - our eyes can't compete with CCD's and image processing techniques !

Archived