Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I*s the weather always like this?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lovely morning up at 4am for a quick 2 hour session,best time of the day!

nice to see garrard again :( shame it had to get light :)

Yeah its been good the last couple nights, watched the thin sliced moon rise at 1st light on sunday after first view of saturn. It was good to get cosy afterwards though.

BTW - are you talking about the comet Garrad? How do you go about finding it? I would like very much to see a comet through my scope but not even sure what to look for.

Any tips?

happy gazing - Aenima

Awesome news, congrats dude. Not long come in myself, my first proper sesh for a few weeks due to weather, unfortunately Jupiter went behind my house just as I got set up, so hopped around other stuff waiting for the ringed lady. This was only my 3rd real look at Saturn and she was definitely worth the wait. Just think...700 ish million miles away and you were viewing from it from your gaff, amazing. Also dunno about anyone else but when im looking at her.....i dont notice the cold anymore. Im chuffed for you bud.

Cheers

Ed

Thanks man. It was definitely worth the wait and after seeing Mars - or more accurately a small disc of light, i was expecting maybe a small dot with a thin line through it but even with my basic eyepeice it was surprisingly well defined, although not huge it was definitely Saturn.

Take care,

Jay.

Archived