Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meade LXD-75 6 inch Refractor - Any Good ?

Has anyone experience of using one of these, either the OTA or the mount ?.

How would it compare to the Skywatcher / Celestron equivilent ?. Does the GOTO work OK ?

All views welcome as usual.

Cheers,

John

I met someone a long time ago who had one, his comments were OTA was very good indeed but was way to big for the mount.

Vibrations took a long time to settle.

Hope this helps.

I traded in the LXD75 mount that came with the Schmidt-Newt for the HEQ5 pro which I think is much better. The Meade was very noisy and IMHO not as smooth in operation as the HEQ5. Can't say I've ever tried the LXD 75 Refractor. The ST 6" frac' suits me and of course marries well with the HEQ5.

CW

Hi John,

I've owned a Celestron C6R for a couple of weeks and initial impressions are good build for both CG5 mount and the OTA. I haven't got the GOTO version. Cloudy skies have meant that the amount of observing so far has been limited but perfectly happy with my new toy. I think the skywatcher 6" is the same OTA but on a sturdier mount according to some.

Huw.

Archived