NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crash: yes mate, that must be it! another thing learned ;)

it is pretty similar to be honest, as I said, the fact that you don't see the southern LP horizon in the Lakes helps as it feels a bit darker. But just by comparing M51 and amount of detail you can work out, very similar sights. We can do a trip there sometimes if you want. Difficult to judge given the different atmospheric conditions as well. But it is like comparing the difference between TV and ES eyepieces, haha.

North Wales near Bala is next on my list, last time the seeing was Rubbish.

nicks90: yes mate, too many galaxies in such a small area ;)

ah, that will be that big patch of black sky with nothing in it because of the LP in my street :embarrassed:

you wont see anything with an light pollution.I remember having my first look at that patch of sky with my 200p from the back garden and seeing zilch then the other night with an estimated 21 sqm and a 12" i saw so many galaxies in that area i couldnt recognise which were which!!

Light pollution is a real pain and I've been struggling in my back garden with viewing but still managed to see some nice stuff.I'd be up for a trip out wed night if its going to be o.k.?

Light pollution is a real pain and I've been struggling in my back garden with viewing but still managed to see some nice stuff.I'd be up for a trip out wed night if its going to be o.k.?

I might be up for going out...probably be after 9pm though. How did you get on with aligning your reticule on your HEQ5 Pro ? I had a slight nightmare :-)

you wont see anything with an light pollution.I remember having my first look at that patch of sky with my 200p from the back garden and seeing zilch then the other night with an estimated 21 sqm and a 12" i saw so many galaxies in that area i couldnt recognise which were which!!

yep - its a killer. But even with rubbish LP I can still have some fun in the garden. planetary stuff is still good, the brighter double stars (really need that 90mm F13 frac on Astro B&S!) and you cant beat ticking off the lunar 100.

I didn't do too bad followed the you tube video by the astronomy shed guy, using a television mast outside to line it up. I'm not 100% sure its correct as the image wobbles (but the cross stays centred on the target point) when I rotate the right ascension but no one seems to know the answer if there is one? the tracking is quite good although I've not had it go directly to anything always having to give it a slight tweak to get the object in view. 9pm onwards would be good for me.

I'm up for winscarr.Working at 6 this morning but woke up an hour early (4am) and it was clear as a whistle outside so decided rather than put my head down again to get out for a few views.Managed to see M57 the ring nebula and was a great wow moment can't wait to see it in proper dark skies.It was a shame to pack the scope away and head for work!

Winscarr carpark just before the sailing club if anyone is still up for it. I have all night to get some views in although its all weather dependant! located at +53° 30' 53.61", -1° 46' 16.84" Damian

snowing... unbelievable. Plus astropanel is showing transparency and seeing to be on their worst settings for this evening and overnight. So I think I'll take a miss.

If it does clear up enough to see the moon, i may break out the webcam and try some imaging in the back garden.

Archived