NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

APT query

Gina

I was trying to capture a series of white solar images from my 1100D camera in APT for processing in Registax but they are 1056x704 pixels whereas I was expecting the full camera resolution. As I recall I used video recording. This produced folders of JPG files with each run in a separate folder.

This is evidently not the right way to capture a series of images from a DSLR. Is it possible to do this in APT? Am I doing it wrong or am I using the wrong software?

Hi Gina,

You have used the LiveView recording option. LiveView is with lower resolution. In the v1.90 (that will be relased today or tomorrow) you will be able to control the HD Video feature of your camera which give much better resolution and frames-per-second :icon_scratch:

Hi Gina,

You have used the LiveView recording option. LiveView is with lower resolution. In the v1.90 (that will be relased today or tomorrow) you will be able to control the HD Video feature of your camera which give much better resolution and frames-per-second :icon_scratch:

That's great - thank you very much :) This is looking a great program and I expect to buy it :)

Also you can define a plan that takes number of short exposures, but in this case you will have to use anti-vibration pause in order to take clean image...
Thank you :icon_scratch: I was planning to try that later but saw the video mode and thought I'd try it. Thanks for the anti-vibration info :)

Does the 450D have an HD ability as it doesn't have a video setting?

As I understand it can be used to create an avi using other software can I do this in APT as well?

This may possibly solve the focus issues I have using live view mode, I hope.

Hi Pibbles,

The cameras that support HD video are : 1100D, 550D, 500D, 600D, 60D, 7D, 5D MkII, 1d Mk IV and the coming soon 1D X.

Currently APT doesn't create AVI from the LiveView images. I don't see why have to pack something in an AVI file when Registax will unpack it back? But if there is interest in this feature there is no problem to implement it :icon_scratch:

Thanks for the reply. :icon_scratch:

To be honest initially I'm not overly worried about the AVI file it was more in relation to the higher resolution that video mode would offer on screen perhaps compared to live view as I saw a thread recently that mentions the 450D can be used for videos using a program mentioned in this thread.

I'm not sure how much call there would be for it I'm just trying to iron out some kinks in my methods is all.

Archived