Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ2 slow motion??

Hi

Does it behave the same without the scope attached - if it works OK with no scope the it might be that the scope needs balancing.

Slacken the clutches and see if the scope has a tendency to move in one direction. If it does move the weights up or down or move the whole scope up or down in the tube rings.

Hope this helps

Paul

The 2 controls behave differently.

One of them - RA - is on a worm gear (it has a big silver cog on the other side of it) and so can be turned in either direction indefinitely.

The other - declination - only allows a little play in either direction before you reach it's limit. Take a close look at it from underneath and you will see it's a screw thread pushing against a lever inside an open box, so you need to bring it back to the middle of the box every now and then, then use the big knob to unlock that axis and slew it on that axis for larger movements before resuming to use the slow motion control.

I hope hat helps.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the long slow motion cable underneath the back of the scope. when I turn it one way its nice and smooth but when I turn it the other way its really tight. Any idea's?

The tension you experience, presumably in Dec axis, might also be probably due to a spring that presses in the opposite direction to the slow motion screw.

Archived