Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Leicester/Warwickshire Group?

cyborg421

Hi All,

It's been quiet here for some time. Just to let you know about a possibility of what might happen. I been in contact with Phil in Bedworth. He has made it a couple of times over to Glooston which is excellent.

I was contacted by a different person in the Rugby area who wanted to come as well. What has transpired is that there appears to be a larg-ish group of us who are keen to get out there, so we are looking to set up a South Leicester/Warwickshire Group/Forum.

From the dark sky map. Sibbertoft or around that area appears to be worth looking into.

Can you pm if you are interested in joining the new group and more importantly if you know any site/friendly farmers in the area who might support us by allowing us to use their land for observing.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Simon :icon_scratch:

PS it doesn't mean that Glooston won't happen any more at the moment we are in the exploratory stage.

Hi Simon,

I would be interested so you could include Northamptonshire in the group.

Sibbertoft and Naesby/ Haslebach are good, Milky way is clearly visable.

I have been talking to a local farmer/business near Naesby however have yet to make it out there yet.

I have been over there with my Binos and managed to get lost with so many stars visable.

I was advised that there is a campsite at Sibbertoft with a very laid back owner.

Think its called Brook meadow campsite.

Archived