Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

couriers

Hi again everyone,

I've found a 150p skywatcher on an eq3-2 mount used for £150 and it seems tempting. If i wanted to go into astrophotography would that mount be good for starting off with.

Also, as i am really considering buying this, does anyone know any couriers who will pick up and deliver as it is quite a long way away?

Thanks in advance :)

Live in the sticks here, couriers never seem to be able to find us.

And despite alway saying you need a small van to get down the dirt track lane, they still turn up with a big truck, and then have to man handle ther way down the track

Last visit was a 6' chest freezer, comical.

Our local postie however is very good.

Pick a reputable Courier, have it insured. On your choice of purchase The scope would be ok but the mount not. I have only just joined the forum and I have a 10" newtonian on a Celestron CG5 GT, and have been advised that even that is not wholly suitable for Astrophotography.

You need the heaviest and most stable mount you can buy for AP. All the searching I have done since the advice has pointed me to the HE5 or higher spec mounts.

Archived