SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

4" f/10 refractor flocking

MjrTom

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok here are my latest observations. I used Jupiter and Venus as my targets this evening and my results are as follows 25mm nothing, 18mm, nothing 12mm and 8mm both affected by nasty little dancing faeries. Is that the kind of result you would expect to see or have I bought a dodgy 12mm and 8mm eps'?

I think they are "floaters" in your eye - something you see when at high magnification. I've observed it too. As very high mag (short fl EPs) you can even see the blood vessels in the retina at the back of the eye. Most disconcerting when you first see it.

I think they are "floaters" in your eye - something you see when at high magnification. I've observed it too. As very high mag (short fl EPs) you can even see the blood vessels in the retina at the back of the eye. Most disconcerting when you first see it.

The trouble is once you have noticed the 'floaters' and started thinking about them.It is harder to see passed them........

:D

Wayne

No I don't think its that, although I do know what you are talking about, I sometimes get a little circle with a dot in it that floats past at high mags. I need to borrow an ep from someone else and have a look.

I twisted down the eye cups on my 8mm and 12mm and my problem disappeared :D You could sort of focus my light faeries in and out depending where the cups were, mental, I never would have thought something as minor as that could make so much difference.

The flocking is on hold!

Archived