Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone familiar with these.....?

Pentacon Praktica Cobra 20x50 porro high-power observation binocular (580/0456)

Hi to one and all

Has anyone got or have used these bins before? If so what are they like please?

I 'dropped' my bins the other week and now they don't work quite so good :(:) and we're off to Lapland 2 weeks today and I really would like another pair to take with me. I have a tripod which may be up to the job if they're too heavy for extended use. I was also looking at these

Adler Optik Adler Kosmos 15x70 high powered binoculars

Although they are out of stock!

Also the 15x70 Revalation's are still out of stock with Telescope House and I wouldn't mind them if not :icon_eek:

TIA :angry4:

20x50s will be to high mag to use without a tripod so good job you have one, they're BAK-7 when really you want BAK-4 prisms for astronomy. What about these? They come with a tripod adapter too.

Thanks Tribal-Wolf for the info, I'd read that BAK-4 is the prefered choice for astronomy. The listing for the link has now ended :icon_scratch: I read on here that there isn't much bwtween them and the Revelation's...I just wish they'd get some more in stock!

Archived