Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What an i-full !

Blackheart

Hey Simms

Just a standard 26mm SW Plossl. The phone belonged to one of the guys from the club and we just held it up to the eyepiece. It's a lot harder to line up a phone than a digi compact but the guy was really pleased with the result. There was a slight haze of cloud which I think helped to tone down the brightness a touch. A few people with phones had a go but I think this was the best we managed.

I just noticed they have bought out an adapter for fixing a mobile phone to the eyepiece.

Cheers

BH

I just noticed they have bought out an adapter for fixing a mobile phone to the eyepiece.

What adapter have you seen? The Orion Steadypix? Been looking at that one but seems a bit expensive for what it does. Considering making my own somehow.

These are a few of my afocal iPhone pics so far.

post-32637-133877732514_thumb.jpg

post-32637-133877732524_thumb.jpg

post-32637-133877732531_thumb.jpg

post-32637-133877732539_thumb.jpg

Very nice but I'm pretty sure the word "phone" would have been fine.

I think it's quite useful knowing it's an iPhone. It doesn't have a great camera compared to many others, so it's nice to know you can still get some decent shots with it.

Wouldn't mind knowing which iPhone it is, especially as mine's an old 3GS and I'm sure it couldn't take such a lovely photo! :icon_scratch:

Archived