Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pacman & Jelly under the full moon

jsigone

Got a nice night out but the archnemesis full moon was up. Still tickering around with setting with the "new to me" CCD, seeems to be coming along nicely with more practice. It does have allot of hot pixels I haven't figured out how to get rid of yet. Darks helps but doens't clean them all the way but the uncleaned ones are smeared across the image. Currently doing a median noise reduction to each frame before stacking. This does take away from the detail quite a bit....

Anyhow, here's my images for the night

6845720789_8859ce620a_z.jpg

NGC 281 Pacman Ha with full moon by jsigone, on Flickr

9x10 subs for the pacman before it got to low

6845720601_41247b44bb_z.jpg

IC 443 Jellyfish Nebula with full moon by jsigone, on Flickr

4x10min & 18x6min subs for the jelly. This closer to the moon and the gradients are starting to show with the Baader 7nm filter.

You kan SD stacking in Nebulosity as well, you first just align all the subs with the option to save each file, and then when you rerun align you can select no align option and then SD becomes available ... there are more detailed instruction in the manual I think, ones you get it it's really simple ...

Archived