Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baffles

jimmyjamjoejoe

Just curious as to peoples baffling solutions. I plan on fitting a fan to my 200p. It's the dob so doesn't have a backplate.

I have the fan connected to a USB cable, and plan on using a lithium ion battery to power it (duracell pps2). The electronics aren't the issue though, i'm kind of stuck on the baffle.

I want to keep it cheap, light, and easy to cut/work with. I also have no idea how i'm going to attach it, though i haven't had a look at the back of the scope since deciding to do this (it's stored in the car atm).

Apparently there are spare screw holes which are used for the backplate on the explorer 200p, but failing that, how has anyone else mounted their baffle?

Ok so there are screw holes in the back, perfect :icon_salut:

Anyone know what size they are and where i can get some?

I'm thinking for the baffle itself i'l just buy a small sheet of perspex if i can't find anything else.

What is a baffle?

Basically a plate that fits over the end of the tube, creating a seal so that the only way for air to get in/out is via the fan. It leads to cleaner and more efficient air flow.

Archived