Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

6th Feb Jupiter my first image

Lee85

the setup was just a skywatcher 150pl eq3 not motor driven

the exposure was only 1/200 iso at 400

im sure if i was in a dark site the image would of been clearer

is there any tips on getting better images im sure i should be able to take much better

the setup was just a skywatcher 150pl eq3 not motor driven

the exposure was only 1/200 iso at 400

im sure if i was in a dark site the image would of been clearer

is there any tips on getting better images im sure i should be able to take much better

You don't need a dark site for this stuff.

A modified webcam is the way to go (by modified I mean removing the lens and mounting an old eyepiece barrel or 35mm film canister to the front of the cam so that it will slip into the standard focuser) It becomes quite difficult to manage tracking and focusing without motorized aids however but if you have slow motion control and your mount is well polar aligned it's possible

A modified webcam is the way to go (by modified I mean removing the lens and mounting an old eyepiece barrel or 35mm film canister to the front of the cam so that it will slip into the standard focuser) It becomes quite difficult to manage tracking and focusing without motorized aids however but if you have slow motion control and your mount is well polar aligned it's possible

is there any good guides on how to made this modified webcam because i have a decent webcam and a 10mm skywatcher that i don't mind pulling apart.

I agree with Clayton a webcam is the way to go,also a driven mount would really help as tracking manualy is not easy.well done. SIMON

Archived