Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd hand skywatcher 150 EQ3-2

Hi all,

Picked up my scope today.had a go putting it all together - just to get a feel for how difficult it is...not as much of a pain as I thought it would be (which is good!!!) Unless I'm doing something fundamentally stupid - theres every chance of that...when setting it up I noticed that there is a piece missing from the tripod-looking at the diagram it sits & locks the triangular black plastic piece on the legs.

My main question is how important is it & am I committing suicide by using the setup without it???

Apologies for the long prattle

Cheers

Andy

If you mean the big triangular accessory tray (it's metal rather than plastic) then it does help a great deal with stability, particularly if you extend the tripod legs, but it quite safe to set up the mount without it. Just make sure you spread the feet out as wide as they will go.

Archived