Is this power supply any good?

Just bought this, along with the flight cases I posted about from maplin, it was £60 and is a jump starter, 2 12v dc ports, compressor, 200w 3 pin plug converter and has a work light in it too. It is a 17ah battery. Seems good to me. I think the Goto mount uses 1ah to 2ah (2 when slewing) so should last way over 10 hours before a charge right?

post-33083-133877727301_thumb.jpg

As above, assuming your mount runs from 12v (get a step down cable if not) should be good.

Make sure you look after it though, that means charge it up after every use and if not used for a month, put it on to charge.

I can't remember the technical reasons, but it can have a short life if not cared for in this way (deep cycle something something ...)

I have exactly the same "5 in 1" Jon and it's lasted 18 months so far - and on a full charge I get a good 4-5hr session out of it every time, only driving the mount (no heaters). I allways recharge straight after a session and top up every 3mths if inactive. I'm v.pleased with it :D

(The light came in very handy for 24hrs when we fried our mains circuit board lol)

Archived