Which Celestron Powertank?

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at the two offical Celestron Powertanks that are available. I'm not sure which to get? The main issue is, will the more expensive one keep my telescope powered for much longer off a charge?

The other bonus of the more expensive one like detachable torch etc are not that impotant to me.

Power tanks from astronomy manufacturers are generally very expensive for what they are... as suggested... go buy a jump starter instead... maplins had some great 17Ah ones on sale recently for just £39! And they had USB charging outputs on them as well as two 12V lighter sockets!

Ben

I've just looked into this and definately don't waste your money on an Astronomy branded powertank, I second that they are overpriced for what they are! The Maplin one sounds good, I opted for a slightly better 20Ah 2 socket one from Halfords which is 79 quid nearly twice the price of the Maplin ones, but it has some pretty good safety features that I wanted and a state of the art battery, and its still 25 quid cheaper than an Astronomy branded one!! So I would go to Maplin or Halfords first mate :D

Archived