SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PST Mod: Blocking Filters

misterp

Hi,

I have just completed a stage 2 mod of my PST with a Celestron 80mm firstscope and a 75mm DERF - very impressed so far :)

Thanks to Ken for his word document and other posters here.

What is the difference between Lunt blocking filters and the Coronado ones please?

Thanks

Ian

Are there potential problems with rust on the Coronado ones ?

Also apart from the cost is it there any reason why you wouldn't get one which is designed for a longer focal length than you have?

Finally, the Lunt 1200 is designed for focal lengths of upto 1080mm, is this critical for full disk view as my donor scope is 1100mm?

Thanks again

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone here tried Lunt BF1200 with PST mod parts? Any problems mixing them?

I got yesterday good first light with my PST/TAL100RS Solaris/90mm D-ERF mod.

(some images in my blog) Otherwise i got amazing views, but original BF5 blocks visually quite a lot of solar disc. I have looked for Coronado BF10 or BF15, not many dealers in Europe i suppose, and even BF10 price seems to be very high. APM telescopes have coronado bf10 and Lunt bf 1200, which seems to cheaper.

What you think, would it be ok with my other parts.

And thousand thanks for Merlin66 and others about all information you have shared.

Archived