Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Adaptor for Zeiss Telementor.

I am in possession of a Zeiss Telementor scope which is used for Outreach sessions with my astronomical Society. It only has the basic and normal eyepiece "holder" which is screwed into the tube at the seeing end. I want to try and get an adapter which will fit onto this tube, so I can use a selection of eyepieces and an erecting prism. If anybody has any idea where I can get one, all answers gratefully received. Also does anybody know how to remove the objective lens cell for cleaning as it is full of rather large bits of dust? Thanks. :)

There's quite a few folk on SGL with experience with Telementors.

If you type 'telementor' into the search function near the top of this page, there should be a lot of helpful info to be had.

Telescope Service of Germany do a range of adapters that'll let you fit out the Zeiss for 1.25" or even 2" accessories.

I do know member 'estwing', has recently updated his, to use std 1.25" stuff. Hopefully he'll see this thread and respond.

The lens removal question has been raised before. Not sure if it's been answered though. Joining this group, may help .......

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/telementor/

Cheers,

Andy.

• 2 months later...

Hi Kynaston APM Telescopes in Germany, may be able to help you out with you telementor problem ,they sell a lot of Ziess stuff a Zeiss Jena okularrrevolver may be the answer to your problem,they can be fitted with 1.25 eye piece adapters instead of the 0.965 eyepieces. The okularrevolver will fit in the base of the Telementor, but at a price.

Archived