What do I input to set latitude

This may be a stupid question but I'm stuck. I have google earthed my coordinates. What part of it do I actually use to set up on my skymax 127.

Ie Google earth gives this format

50 degrees 40' 10" N

1 degree 20' 30" W

alt 78m

So I point it north and set to 0 first, unplug and replug in then use which figure? :)

Kathrine

I presume you have the Synscan mount? If so then your Long is 001,30 W and Lat is 050,40 N you don't need the seconds. I'm not sure what you mean by "set to 0 first, unplug and replug in"

You need to align your mount north then enter your Long and Lat and do a two star alignment.

Hi, the instructions say adjust telescope till latitude reads 0, turn off power and turn back on again, then use hand control to move telescope so latitude scales reads my latitude.

From this I assume it's a single figure I input?

Using a GoTo system is nice, its easy, pain in the butt to set-up sometimes, if you just turn on and don't use the GoTo it takes very little time to find your way around the night sky after a couple of week your be looking at stars and know there names ect...

Supatrack mount.

Step 1. Using the handcontrol adjust the mount to read 0 on the scale on the top.

Step 2. Switch off the power and then turn back on.

Step 3. For more accurate tracking use the handcontroller to move the scale on the top to read about 51. Press the two buttons on the handset as shown in the manual to set the latitude.

Step 4. start using you telescope.

Peter

HI i have just brought the skywatcher 127 AZ GOTO telescope and im stuck imputing my location. I have a iphone 4 and have got my location 53o17'34'' N 3o43'14'' W could anyone please help me try and imput this as when i do it its too long and cant seem to change it to north only e or w. Thanks

Archived