Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st go at the Rosette and another local suspect

Grandad

I haven't managed much imaging in January but had my first attempt at the Rosette Nebula. My exposures were

10x 15min ha

6x 5min green (2x2 bin)

6x 5min blue (2x2 bin)

I used the ha for the Luminence and then used it again as the red channel for the rgb.

The Horsehead was 4 hrs ha exposure on a night when the seeing was going from bad to hopeless. This version is using 'noels actions' to give a false ha colour.

post-20999-133877725007_thumb.jpg

post-20999-133877725013_thumb.jpg

Excellent captures, just a little adjustment to the processing and they will be great. the HH is a bit too red for my taste and as stated the Rosette is clipped. The important stuff is there though (the data).

Carole

I have reworked both images which I think is an improvement.

To the original horsehead in ha I have now added some rgb 2x2 binned subs I took on another occassion. Luckily the frames were in quite good alignment so very little cropping was required.

I have also reworked the Rosette ha, with more care, and preserved more detail in the centre.

I am still not satisfied but therein lies the challenge.

Thanks for looking and for nthe advice.

post-20999-13387772557_thumb.jpg

post-20999-13387772558_thumb.jpg

Archived