NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crab Neb M1 - Hubble attempt

fwm891

Finally managed to get exposures in Ha, OIII and SII about 2.5hrs Ha, 1.25 in OIII & SII.

Images were stacked in DSS with other processing in PC CS3.

Colours generated PS using selective colour via adjustment layers for each filter.

Ha-Green, SII-Red and OIII-Blue.

post-27414-133877723607_thumb.jpg

You have some nice data there Francis.

One thing to bear in mind is that the Hubble version of this one does not use standard colour mapping. In fact it didn't use standard filters IIRC. But you can achieve a result very similar to the superb Hubble M1 but altering the colour mapping. I cant recall which colour you map to which channel. To get it right I overlaid my image over the hubble version and split the colours accordingly.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Guys,

I've used the following: Ha-Green, SII-Red and OIII-blue for this image. I need more data to reduce noise levels but the colours show reasonable separation between the chemical make-up of the neb (to me).

Thanks All, Olly thanks tried some of your suggestion by going back to the original filtered greyscale images and using PS's Colour range selector on each layer, selecting the background, applying a blur and partial desaturation which has calmed the background down and darkened it as well - thanks

Added an inverted version which (Ifeel) emphasises the filements

post-27414-133877724951_thumb.jpg

post-27414-133877724958_thumb.jpg

Archived