What am i doing wrong with photos

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Kate. I had a play with one of your pics as well - hope you don't mind. Looks pretty good to me and shows you are certainly heading in the right direction. Also shows how a simple photo editing package can improve things!

post-25116-133877725296_thumb.jpg

Give you one ideal and it is warmer. Take your camera inside and take photographs of one of your lights in manual setting. Start at the top and work your way down through the shutter speeds until you see a photograph that best represents what youd like to see. It gives you an idea of the limitations and the expectaions of your camera, it also will give you at first hand how to deal with very bright objects, like earthshine etc.

The blue in your photos could be caused by the white balance setting on your camera if it has one as i dont know the particular model. Normally the white balance is automatic, try taking again some pictures of that light bulb and see what happens, you can normally change the white balance to a particular lighting scenario.

That's a really good idea thanks, I'll try that as soon as I get batteries for camera!

Thanks to you both for editing my pic, I do have photoshop but have only used it a few times so will revisit it. Also I downloaded the DSS a while ago and thought I would try it last night but it doesn't work on my mac. Why is it best to use it?(isn't it cheating ;-) ) Also I'm not sure how well it will work for me anyway as I have to keep readjusting and putting the image back in the centre as I (am a bit of an idiot) and haven't quite worked out how to use the tracking thing on telescope either...,

Archived