Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS Stacking : What Score Criteria?

I'm just firing off my stacking from last nights session and I have 84 subs ranging in quality from 4500 right the way down to 0 (blooming neighbours!)

I've plumped for >3500 this time (which is >75% or so) but that still only gave me 32 from my original 84.

If I was more severe (>90%) my sub count would drop to a mere dozen ...

My question is this :

Quantative figures aside, what criteria do you use to determine how many/which subs to stack? Am I being too severe, or not severe enough?

Im really only just starting to mess with any AP, but I feel its more about setting a target getting the best possible result from it. SO if you want to stack say c.75 of your subs then just select your best ones from view.

Yes there may be a couple of subs with less than ideal quality but surely 2 poor subs in 75 will be outdone by 12 really good quality ones? If you really cant get the amount you are after because of cloud/trailing/gust of wind/neighbours turning their spotlights on! etc then just aim to get as close to the amount you wanted. Since <100 shouldnt take too long to stack its probably worth having look I'd say at the difference when you stack different combinations of subs before continuing with the processsing.

For me at the moment, as long as I dont get trailing and I dont have air traffic passing shot (living close to the airport kinda suck :icon_salut:) its usually enough to get in my stack but I must admit that currently I'm not taking a huge number of subs or for particuarly long exposure periods and considering my LP here I just accept this is gonna be an issue in most/all my subs. As theres only a few subs I have no reason not to review each one before processing, I would think if you had 100's it would be impractical which would be the time I guess to be a lot more ruthless.

Archived