Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Andromeda Galaxy - best time to see?

RustyNail

Finally got some half-decent views of the Andromeda Galaxy the other night, though it was around midnight and in a fairly bright part of the sky. When would be the best time of year to observe it - i.e. not too high overhead but still in a nice, dark sky?

When would be the best time of year to observe it - i.e. not too high overhead but still in a nice, dark sky?

TBH The best time to observe any DSO is when it is as high in the sky as possible ie overhead.

Andromeda is nice and high in November that's probably the best time.

The lower an object is in he sky, the more muck n rubbish you have to look through in order to see it.

Regards Steve

hi the best time as already gone by but ,like you about 4 nights ago i got about 45 mins were every thing was perfect i hafd the 300p out side and a 18mm x-cel lx ep the view was brill it almost filled the ep and had great contrast, the tiny galaxy just above it was bright as well

Archived