Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus and Saturn 08-06-07

mpeniak

Venus stacked from 2000frames, Saturn from about 1500. I think the visibility was poor because some of the frames were just terribly blurred :)

Both pics taken with my C8N +4x imagemate + toucam pro (now with ir-filter)

I will have another go tonight if the weather permits cos I am bit disappointed with the image of Saturn. :)

Could someone recommend what filter I need to be able to capture hints of clouds on Venus?

Thanks

Martin :o

post-13530-133877328799_thumb.jpg

post-13530-133877328803_thumb.jpg

Could someone recommend what filter I need to be able to capture hints of clouds on Venus?

A U-band filter or a (cheaper way) Wratten 47 stacked with a IR blocking filter.

Thanks for that Gaz. How can I attach both IR and Wratten filter onto the webcam adapter?

The end of the webcam adaptor is threaded to take filters and the filters themselves are usually threaded. In theory you can stack as many filters as you like, as long as you have enough focus travel.

Archived