Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best dso's to look for in 130 telescope?

try for the double cluster in cassiopia thats lovely in a 32mm eyepiece or 25mm or m31 (andromeada) m81 & m82 ( two galaxys close together)

you would probably get a lot of joy finding star clusters i know i do. try m38,m36 and m35 all nice clusters or ngc 457 thats in cassiopia also known as the et cluster :)

M57 and M27 planetary nebulae, stunning even in smaller scopes, M31+M32+M110 never dissapoint,

M13 and various other globulars (M92, M15, M2 etc. - concentrate while observing - you might be able to occasionally spot the "semolina" effect of all the stars packed together),

NGC 6825, NGC 7662, NGC 6543 and various other smaller planetary nebulae are nice (with NGC 7662, you might be able to see its nice blue colour), M97 is a nice ghostly bubble

M81 and M82 are quite stunning galaxies

List of open clusters to observe seems endless like M11, M29, M34, M39 or NGC 869+NGC 844

M1 Crab nabula is of nice apparent shape even with smaller aperture, try and observe the Trapezium in M42, double stars too

Please, someone, take over... :)

Thanks, that gives me plenty to be getting on with rather than looking round the sky like a headless chicken.

@ assasincz, I have manage to see the Trapezium in M42 a couple of times, I find if I get in the right ball park and look for long enough it makes itself apparent :)

Archived