NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking for a good Camera

Lyrated

I have used both the Canon 300D and 400D with some good results, currently selling both on EBAY but i would imaging you could pick either up for next to nothing just to get you into the swing of things then go for something expensive.....

The thing about Canon is (speaking as a former exclusive Nikon user :icon_salut:), they are pretty much dominant in DSLR astrophotography, partly for historical reasons (low noise sensors and RAW format). But the upshot is better 3rd party hardware and software support. For example, although you can buy T-rings for many camera brands, you can buy in-body filters for Canon DSLRs but not for any other brand as far as I know. Software wise there are astro specific apps like BackyardEOS and APT (which I use) available for relatively modest prices. These apps aren't available for other brands.

Could you get a T-ring to fit that Fuji to attach to a scope? Do you know if it supports RAW format?

The thing about Canon is (speaking as a former exclusive Nikon user :icon_salut:), they are pretty much dominant in DSLR astrophotography, partly for historical reasons. But the upshot is better 3rd party hardware and software support. For example you can buy in-body filters for Canon DSLRs but not for any other brand as far as I know. Software wise there are astro specific apps like BackyardEOS and APT (which I use) available for relatively modest prices. These apps aren't available for other brands.

Could you get a T-ring to fit that Fuji to attach to a scope? Do you know if it supports RAW format?

Thanks for the reply :evil: I have no idea on the last questions as I am a complete novice. I have found a little bargain on a Canon 400D so fingers crossed i pick it up next few days.

Archived