Help wanted

Thank i have been out for 30 mins loving it.

Is it true that the aurora can be seen from the uk at the moment?

And

Where is best to use my telescope from in Oldham if any one knows?

If the conditions are right, and the sun plays ball, you could possibly see an aurora tonight, if the northern skies are clear.

As for the best place to view from in Oldham, anywhere where bright lights don't affect your dark adapted eyes.

Good luck.:)

Ron.

A maksotov sky watcher 90mm focal length is 1250mm. 1x 20mm n 1x10mm eyepieces with a x2 barlow lens (not sure what make but it is Russian)

My gf got it me for Christmas n non of us knew anything about telescopes but now I have used it I feel that it is a good starter but it has made me very interested n will defo be getting more n my be a pair of binoculars.

What do u use?

Hi Sam,

I live in Bury, which is OK for some stuff.

On good clear nights i've been heading out to Dunsop Bridge which is about 1 hour away. The skies there are about as dark as you can get in the Northwest i think.

Or cool I'll see if I can find it on google maps n I'll go next time it is clear. I went up in to saddle worth moores on tuesday night to see if I could see the aurura but I could not see my in front of my face it was that foggy but was very dark n high so there could be good.

Can any one help I have a maksotov telescope 90mm F1250mm n it came with a red dot finder n the battery has ran out so I stupidly took the battery out n lost it before I got a new 1.

So does any1 know what battery's I need to make it work again?

Thanks

Archived