Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

any help welcome eye pieces

hi all and here it is ,my uncle is over from france and is throw in cash around like its going out of fashion(we have seen nor heard from him in ten years)

any hows he wants to buy some thing for all the family and after looking at my scopes he asked me if i needed any thing

eyepieces i told him i am looking at these at the minute for the 300p

skywatcher 9mm ultra wide eps or the extra flat ones two links below for both sets as any one used any of these ? particularly the extra flat ones they look nice and around the 50 quid mark

or should i just spend the money on a 100 pound eps and suggestion for a ep that costs around 100 pounds are welcome like i say i do like the two below and i have a 20mm ultra wide

Skywatcher Extraflat 16mm 1.25" Eyepiece | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

Skywatcher 9mm Ultrawide Eyepiece 1.25" | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

thanks in advance

First Light Optics - Celestron X-Cel LX eyepiece

these will perform better in your F5 'scope than the 'extra-flat' but, obviously come in at a higher price... the 9mm skywatcher I've only ever tried in bino-viewers..where they are fine.

I agree with this. The Extra-Flat and UWA eyepieces you have linked to are not going to shine in an F/5 scope. Perhaps treat yourself to one really nice EP as someone else is paying ?.

I haven't used the EPs you mention but F5 does put some pressure on eyepieces.

I have a 9mm TS planetary (about £50). It's good but I preferred looking through someone else's 6mm William Optics SPL (£69) which worked wonderfully in the 300p. It's a shame they don't do a 9mm but the 6mm gives 250x.

At the wide end, I don't regret a penny I spent on the Panoptic but you are looking at a lot more cash.

With £100 to spend, I'd look for one good planetary EP rather than a mediocre widefield one.

Andrew

I agree with this. The Extra-Flat and UWA eyepieces you have linked to are not going to shine in an F/5 scope. Perhaps treat yourself to one really nice EP as someone else is paying ?.

what 15mm would you suggest for that 100 pounds for my 300p

I think my suggestions would be either an 18mm Celestron X-Cel LX (£69) or, pushing your budget envelope to the utmost, a Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm (£145). The Nirvana (which is the same as the William Optics UWAN) in particular would give spectacular views with your 12" F/5 scope.

I think my suggestions would be either an 18mm Celestron X-Cel LX (£69) or, pushing your budget envelope to the utmost, a Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm (£145). The Nirvana (which is the same as the William Optics UWAN) in particular would give spectacular views with your 12" F/5 scope.[/quote

Thanks john i will have one of the celestron ones i was looking at them last night going to fetch it Wednesday and i do want some solar film with the change thanks and i will post my results after it gets a go in the 12" thanks again

pat :)

Archived