Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1 First try at Narrowband

stefski

Dear All,

As the title suggests, this is my first try at narrowband imaging using iTelescope (formerly known as GRAS). I used T4 which is:

Takahashi Epsilon 250

SBIG ST 8XE CCD camera

Subs:

6x5mins Ha - Red

5x5mins OIII - Green

5x5mins SII - Blue

Stacked in DSS.

Processed in GIMP.

Learning as I go - I only downloaded GIMP last night! I've never used an imaging processing program before, so please forgive it's crudeness.This took me ages of fiddling but it was fun I must say:)

Anyway, I know it still needs a lot of work so I'll have a fiddle later today.

Cheers,

Stef

post-14765-133877720462_thumb.jpg

Yes... If you're after a hubble pallette image, then the usual mapping is SII>Red, Ha>Green and OIII>Blue... But that doesn't mean to say you can't swap them about to see what you get! Excellent first narrowband image... especially with so few subs... but then I noticed these were taken with an Epsilon (very nice!).

I'm not sure if this is of any help at all with GIMP (I've never used it - Is there a way of selectively amending colour?), but if you do decide to "hubble map", I found this link very helpful - Creating Hubble Palette Color Mapped Images

Yes... If you're after a hubble pallette image, then the usual mapping is SII>Red, Ha>Green and OIII>Blue... But that doesn't mean to say you can't swap them about to see what you get! Excellent first narrowband image... especially with so few subs... but then I noticed these were taken with an Epsilon (very nice!).

I'm not sure if this is of any help at all with GIMP (I've never used it - Is there a way of selectively amending colour?), but if you do decide to "hubble map", I found this link very helpful - Creating Hubble Palette Color Mapped Images

Thanks Andy, will give it a go.....See what happens next time....

Stef, if you want pics to practice on i'm pretty sure I can help you with that, just shout.

Thanks, Tim.

I've had a go, but it looks like I need to get a few more subs....Am booked in for this evening so I'll wait and see.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived