Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 200P - first EP upgrade?

I've currently got the two eye pieces that came with the scope but am wondering if at the outset I should invest in a few "better" quality lens - I'll have to get one now and another a little later on I guess but these are the two I'm considering - one wide angle and one for high power - but is this overkill for my level of ability at the moment - are they actually worth what I would be paying .

Baader Hyperion 68 degree eyepiece (8 mm)

Our Price: £92.00 (plus a 28mm fine tuning ring)

Skywatcher PanaView 2" eyepieces (32mm)

Our Price: £79.00

I think that would pretty much be it in terms of EPs for the foreseeable but I'm just not sure if either would be worth the investment at this stage - the other wide angle lens which seems to be getting good reviews on this site is this one

32mm GSO Plossl Eyepiece

£32.00

The panaview has a 70 degree FOV which I guess would be the advantage over GSO model but its also twice the price.

I can probably only get one at the moment and bearing in mind the 200P came with a 10mm and a 24mm and I've already bought a 2x barlow- which would be my best bet (assuming any of them are suitable)

cheers

Steve

Thanks Craig - I had read that before as it happens an I'm still not certain - I realise like most things it will come down to personal choice so theres no one size fits all answer - just looking for somone with stronger (and more knowldegable) views than I have at the moment :0) to give me the nudge

I recently bought the same scope and have been looking into the William Optics eyepieces. I'm probably going to end up getting the 6mm SPL, and the 33mm SWAN for starters, and then build up my collection with their other SWAN pieces for the inbetweens.

I think they seem to offer a nice alternative to some of the higher priced eyepieces, a sort of "inbetween" price range? They offer 72 degrees AFOV, are coated to improve contrast, and are reccommended for an f6 scope, like ours.

same here, that wishlist just grows and grows....money is always quite tight though, especially as i've just spent £270 on the scope itself :)

an eyepiece a month is doable though, at least to get the 6 and the 33....after that, i'll just treat myself as and when i can afford to do so :)

hmm - jus got a reply from Martin at FLO singing the praizes of both EPs but I've made enquiries about the the BST Explorere 8mm aswel with STL -= Half the price is not to be sniffed at especially as I've already blown my budget

cheers

Steve

Archived