NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not enough forward focus - EOS 1100D and 200P

Dodge

I don't think this is right. The 2" EOS adaptor in the original post goes straight into the 2" collar on the draw tube. You don't need the 2" eyepiece adaptor in between.

Forgive the shoddy camera work, but it should go together like this:

That's what I was hoping, but on my focuser - that black part is bigger than a 2" eyepiece holder. I have two inserts for 2" and 1.25" eyepieces (shown earlier in the thread).

This bit does not accept 2" eyepieces:

IMG_0057.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I might of jumped in too late - hope this helps

The picture of the focuser/adapter looks the same as my Celestron/Synta 8" newtonian. For imaging I use the #FAGA adapter from scopestuff. Just unscrew the other adapters from the focus tube and screw on the #FAGA adapter. This will give you the shortest possible 2" focuser. With a DSLR and MPCC I have about 10mm of extra focus.

Doug

I am well and truly puzzled then, because that is exactly how I use mine. In the pic I have racked the draw tube out to about where it focuses with the camera on board. Mine is the 150P rather than 200P but the hardware is the same :)

I am well and truly puzzled then, because that is exactly how I use mine. In the pic I have racked the draw tube out to about where it focuses with the camera on board. Mine is the 150P rather than 200P but the hardware is the same :)

I guess the focusers have changed then - that black ring that attaches to the silver part of the focuser is quite a bit larger than 2" in diameter on the inside. I have to add the 2" adapter or the 1.25" adapter before inserting any eyepieces.

Anyway, I'm not fussed - it was bought for observing not for photos. Still, for ~£15 I'll get the t-ring just for the fun of it.

Anyway - didn't I ask someone to sort out the weather?! :)

Malc's way will work, but it is not the best way. No chance of a coma corrector and you can't use 2" filters for a start.

If it get's you going though...go for it. It is nice and easy.

Quite right on the coma corrector, but 2" filters will thread onto the end of the nosepiece

I can't say it's perfect, but it's what came with the scope and does the job.

As for filters, I use a clip filter in the Canon 400D so have no need for 2" filters, but I agree that most images could do with a corrector to correct the distortion at the sides of the field of view, which is inherent in most fast reflectors I beleive ?

Quite right on the coma corrector, but 2" filters will thread onto the end of the nosepiece

:)

There must be few different hardware options that all look very similar. There is no filter thread inside my 1.25" adaptor base but a 2" nosepiece goes straight into the drawtube. That's why I bought the original MaxDSLR adaptor. Perhaps the 150P and 200P DO have different hardware that just looks superficially the same :)

:)

There must be few different hardware options that all look very similar. There is no filter thread inside my 1.25" adaptor base but a 2" nosepiece goes straight into the drawtube. That's why I bought the original MaxDSLR adaptor. Perhaps the 150P and 200P DO have different hardware that just looks superficially the same :)

I think it's SW mucking about again ...

I posted back up a bit that the old scopes you were pretty much stuffed, and the new scopes (black) you could do EXACTLY what you have said.

This scope appears to fall somewhere in the middle .....

Just to update this - I have a Canon t-thread adapter screwed onto the outside of the 1.25" eyepiece adapter as described by malc-c and can get focus with about 3-4 mm left of inward travel! Close!

What I actually had (which was obviously purchased by the previous owner of my scope and not supplied by SW) was one of the Max DSLR adapters like Rik (a Canon to 2" adapter) but the 2" adapter for my focuser pushes it out too far (as in post #4).

Archived