Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Is it ok to rest a scope on its end?

Hiya all. Could someone tell me, the most space effective way for me to store my telescope is off the tripod stood vertically in the corner of the room. However, this means it's on the collimation adjuster screws. Now obviously I can see there's a risk of it effecting collimation but as I'll probably check this each time I'm not to worried about a bit of movement.

BUT! Will this cause my scope any harm standing like this?

Dave.

I lie mine in the corner of the dining room. It doesn't get in the wifes way .....

too much :D

Well I got a five year old boy and a six year old boy and I DAREN'T leave it lying in the dining room!!! Im sure I can find a safe place to lay it though:)

I have two brackets on a wall in my garage, up and away from any possible damage. I laid the scope flat across the brackets and covered her up with an old curtain,

Be careful that you don't grab it instead of the surfboard - seawater affects collimation! :)

(My scope is in the corner of the dining room. The 8yr and 4yr olds know they would be sold if the so much as touched it!)

Archived