Dew shield???

Hi it's me again.

I think it's time to buy a dew shield. I keep getting cought out by the pesky stuff and want to be sure it can't strike again.

I keep my scope out in the shed so it is allways cooled ready for use but still the dredded dew keeps coming. I've looked at a few but i'm non the wiser really.

Does anyone use one and if so do you think they really work?

What types are best for my scope (see sig)?

My budget is pretty tight so i won't be using an electronic setup.

Any advice please

thanks in advance.

D.C

I would think that Valleyman's solution might be slightly more elegant, but in my case, it was - camping mat £2.99, duct tape £1.49. And that was enough for three dew shields for a Mak 127.

Dew shields are one of the few astro areas where cheap and cheerful does the job :)

I would think that Valleyman's solution might be slightly more elegant, but in my case, it was - camping mat £2.99, duct tape £1.49. And that was enough for three dew shields for a Mak 127.

Dew shields are one of the few astro areas where cheap and cheerful does the job :D

+1.....did the job for my scope and hasn't fallen apart yet which makes a change for something I constructed :)

Archived