Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Recommendations

Gibbo

Hi all

I have a Skywatcher 200P Dob (like lots of people here) and am looking to purchase some more eyepieces (like lots of people here) and wondered if someone could answer a couple of questions I have?

I have heard good things about the BST explorers and the Baader Hyperions. Are both of these suitable for my scope? Are the Hyperions worth twice the amount of money when compared to the the BST range?

Many thanks

Keith

Hi Keith. I have used the Hyperion's but not the Bst's. The Hyperions work well with the 200p although in my opinion they are a little overpriced in the current market. The Bst is reported to give similar performance for half the price. Another to consider is the Celestron X-cell lx. They are also a fair bit cheaper than the Hyperion and there performance has been likened to a Televue Radian.

I agree with Damo Keith, the Hyperion is a nicely made eyepiece but has a few optical issues in an F/6 scope which make the others mentioned well worth a look. If you wanted to work to a tighter budget then I think the Vixen NPL's are worth a thought too - they are standard field eyepieces but nicely executed for £30 each.

Thanks for the recommendations chaps. I decided on a couple of the Celestron X-Cel LX's in the end. Also ordered a 2x TAL Barlow and a SW Panaview 2. Should hopefully keep me going for a while

Keith

Archived